Monday, August 5, 2013

O My CBC Week the wardrobe

I remember when I got the email from the coordinators of The Casual Blogger Conference in February? March? (clearly I don’t remember that well) that asked me to be a part of the Faith in Blogging Panel (FBP in the house!) and while my first thought was: ‘ME?!?!?!?’, my second followed quickly thereafter and was: ‘WHAT WILL I WEEEEEEEAR?!?!’.O. My. Goodness.I haven’t been this giddy about finding the perfect clothes since my junior prom. Or maybe since that one dress.*Spoiler Alert*: You are about to see me in the exact outfit that I will wear on Saturday, the day of the FBP (::flashes FBP gang sign which can only be described as a hybrid of crossing your arms reverently and hammering out a spiritual but relevant 700 word blog post::). If you would like to be surprised for some reason I can’t think of at the present time, please refrain from reading the rest of this post.I promise you I didn’t set out to buy an entirely new outfit for this conference. It just kind of… happened. (Well wait! Hear me out!) Remember how DanO and I got a gym membership? Well, it turns out that going from not doing any exercise whatsoever to working out 4 times a week can lose you 14 pounds. I know, I haven’t talk about that because EEEW, I do not want to share my weight, plus this post is already about 300x more focused on appearance than I really ever care to be on this blog. Let’s suffice it to say I am down a size and mama needed some new (hot) clothes.This weekend after the incredible treat of shopping with my friends Cindy of The Flipping Couple, Maggie of Gussy, and (my new friend) Alyssa of Adventures of the Stay at Home Mom, (aren’t bloggy friends the best??) I put together this outfit for the day of the FBP:{Picture taken before the bleach disaster of 2010.}Here’s the breakdown:1. Hair: The side ponytail. I am a hair fidgeter. Nervous? Touching my hair. Day dreaming? Touching my hair. Overwhelmed? Touching my hair. The side ponytail is intentional. (So now I’ll just pick my cuticles under the table instead. Neurosis for the win.)2. Earrings: This is probably one of my favorite parts of the outfit, but you can’t really see them in the picture. They are light yellow flower earrings from here and they are so matchy matchy with the shoes that I can hardly stand it.3. Top: J. Crew flower embellished top (from the clearance section). I pretty much tried on 7 of this same shirt in different colors because, hello! clearance! J. Crew! I went with this one (ok and one other one in pink).4. Fly Away: So I’ve only known that’s what these are called for 5 days now and I’ve owned one for months. Long in the front hangy cardigan thingies with no buttons = “Fly aways”. This white one is from Express and I will probably wear it over everything from now on, that’s how much I love it.5. Capris: This is kind of what started the whole outfit. I have a pair of black long business shorts from before OBaby, and guess what! They fit now. Only there’s this teensy problem called my postpartum stomach. My legs and bum may be able to fit into them and heck I can certainly button them, but my middle section has been through a lot in the last 2 years and well, let’s just say: muffin top. So. These are the Express Editor Pant in the skinny crop and hit me a little higher so as to not be muffin topping my way through the FBP.6. Shoes: Tell me you big pink sparkly heart them as much as I do. They are yellow! And sassy! And comfortable! And match my earrings! They are so perfect I want to cuddle with them at night. (They are Madden Girl from DSW.)That’s it! That’s what I will be wearing on Satruday for the FBP at the CBC in the SLC!::flashes FBP gang sign::

No comments:

Post a Comment