Monday, July 15, 2013

Sneak Peek Chris Duncan EYE AGAINST I..

Chris_duncan10

Earlier yesterday I popped into Baer Ridgeway to say hello to Chris Duncan and check out the installation of his solo show, EYE AGAINST I, which opens this coming Saturday. The name, EYE AGAINST I is a take on Bad Brains' song I AGAINST I, and references Chris' roots to the punk rock hardcore scene of the early/mid-eighties and his own perception of sight, both literally and metaphorically.

It was so nice to meet up with Chris and get a sneak peek into such an amazing show. Chris is so humble and down to earth. The show encompasses his most elaborate installation to date, and it shows. Extra walls have been built, his signature string is hung, sound and film will be playing/projecting and even Chris' daughter has a piece in the show. It's truly a stunner of a show, I was so inspired and pumped when I left the gallery. Below is a brief glimpse, I'll post the full show on Monday!

EYE AGAINST I, opens September 11, from 4-7 pm and runs through October 15, 2010. Accompanying the show through out the month will be a curated series of readings and performances to be held in the gallery curated by Chris. More info on the facebook page.

Chris_duncan3

Chris_duncan2

Chris_duncan6

Chris_duncan1

Chris_duncan9

Chris_duncan5

Chris_duncan19

Chris_duncan26

Chris_duncan25

Chris_duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment